Monday, July 26, 2010

How many times a day should I put cream on my new tattoo?

I just got my second tattoo yesterday and the place told me to use neosporin + pain relief, the cream kind not the healing type. Now my brother told me to put the cream on 3 times daily, but here's the thing, I put some on this morning at 6am...then woke up again and it was dry at 9am so I put it on again...I think I'll need to use it more often seeing as how it's becoming so dry frequently. What should I do? Put more on more frequently or let it dry out? How many times a day should I put cream on my new tattoo?
I always used A%26amp;D ointment. I would put it on 5 to 6 times a day.How many times a day should I put cream on my new tattoo?
when it looks dry you can put some on, but make sure you are not putting it thick, only put a very very thin layer, too much can pull the ink out. Also once you tat starts to peel you need anymore, just use non scented lotion. make you wash your tat frequently too, with antibacterial soap, this will help with scabbing
Just throw your neosporin to your garbage can... Neosporin is just gonna screw your ink right away, I use Aquaphor some people use A%26amp;D, that's the only thing that you can put on your fresh tat2.





Put it 3 times a day for 3 days but remember just put in small amount, tap it dry and wash it clean before you put that ointment on your skin again.





Overuse can make the ink goes off!!!
Listen to Sand. DO NOT use neosporin, it WILL pull out the color. Good rule is 3x a day for three days, then go to a lotion while it finishes healing. I use bacitracin. Remeber, no sun, hot or long showers, and no swimming in chlorine or salt water while healing.
i switched between neosporin and real cocoa butter. more often the cocoa butter. probably like 3 times a day i think for the neosporin
I use Lubriderm UNscented lotion every 3 to 4 hours and/or as needed, no such thing as to much. Works great.
Put it on about once every hour. Thats what I would do.
I was told to put A%26amp;D on it for the first week every 6-8 hours. then go to an unscented lotion.
about 3 times a day.


spread it out though..


put it on in the morning, afternoon, %26amp; night (or before bed)
Maybe this is a new product from them but I wouldn't use it on a tattoo.Do not use Neosporin! It will pull out the color. It is made to pull out foreign objects from wounds to heal them, and is very good at doing so. Your ink would be one of them. I cannot believe with all the info. out there that a shop would tell you to do this! But maybe this is a different thing....???


You should wash with antibacterial soap with clean hands, splash rinse, pat dry with clean paper towels, apply a light coat of Lubriderm unscented (or if you are using an ointment, use for only 3 days, then switch to lotion so your tat can breathe). Pat off any seepage/ink transfer with clean paper towels (limits scabbing which can pull out color).


You should do this 3 - 5 X's a day, or whenever it seeps a lot. It should be moisturized, but don't overload it, it will clog the pores. It is a common mistake to put too much gunk on.


Here is a helpful site with current info.:


http://tattoo.about.com/


luck to you~
eww dont get a tattoo again theyre trashy!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment