Monday, July 26, 2010

What was your favorite Ice Cream back in the old days?

Mine was Chocolate Mint (it was brown) and Lemon Custard. Sure wish they would bring Lemon Custard back.What was your favorite Ice Cream back in the old days?
Pistachio or Butter Pecan at Brigham's or a hot fudge sundae at Bailey's, served in one of those little metal dishes. The old days... when going into the city meant dressing up in a hat and white gloves. My mom always treated my sister and me to Bailey's whenever we went into the city.What was your favorite Ice Cream back in the old days?
I remember little squares of ice cream, wrapped in paper, and there were about 12 to a box. The individual squares consisted of 1/3 vanilla ice cream, then 1/3 chocolate, and then 1/3 strawberry. The square was small -- maybe 3 by 3 inches, and always tasted so good. We just ate them in our hands, peeling back the paper as we ate.





What a fun memory. I also remember the ice cream truck coming around and we'd get popsicles. They always tasted so refreshing because we'd be outside playing and would get hot, and then the popsicles arrived.
When I was a kid, I used to get the ice cream cones with the nuts all over the top- from the ice cream truck. At home all we had was chocolate(when we could afford it) then when I was a teen, I liked strawberry- then butter pecan- then Neapolitan- now for several years,I have liked Mint chocolate chip. I also like Hot fudge Sundaes.
Before they had chocolate chip anywhere, I enjoyed the choco-


late ripple flavor. And if I could find it, I would sometimes choose


a chunky peach, with real bits of peaches. Then when I worked at a


department store in their coffee shop, I loved their 'coffee chip' ice


cream. You couldn't buy it anywhere else. And I'd get a scoop now


and then on a break with a cup of coffee. That always hit the spot and


gave me a quick pick up of energy. I can still 'taste' that flavor, if I


think hard enough. Now the department store is owned by Macy's of


New York. And the upper floors have been turned into condos'. The


old landmark, is no more.
I love ice cream. I love ice cream. Did I say i love ice cream? And I loved all the flavors......


Butter Nut


Black Walnut


Rocky Road


Black Cherry


Blue Moon


Mint Chocolate Chip


Chocolate Chip


Butter Pecan


Ok I'll stop. But you forgot to include sherbets. Sniff Sniff.
I always loved chocolate ice cream as a kid but now, I stick to vanilla. I like it in a waffle cone from Brewster's. I rarely ever eat ice cream but when I feel like a cone, I go to Brewster's for it. I'm in the south, so I'm not sure if they have them up north.
Hand cranked vanilla with peaches in it. Brings back memories of hot summers, bare feet, ice and rock salt. Back when we could play outside till dark and our parents weren't worried. If we did something wrong at the neighbors after they corrected us they would call our parents and then get a whippin when we got home.
Homemade. . . vanilla with raspberries. . .


Store bought. . . Chocolate Marshamllow


Never had Lemon Custard. . . but it does sound good !!!
As opposed to your ';Chocolate Mint,'; mine was ';Mint Chocolate Chip,'; the green with chocolate chips in it stuff! YUMMMMMMMM!





Oh, and it STILL IS my favorite.








Have a Seasoned day.
ello Genie,





- Vanilla Chocolate Chip: Scrumptious !!





luv ice-cream: esp. on a hot summer's day...





* * * *





( Thank you for your post - enjoy your day )
High's Lemon Custard. We'd go every Saturday for a cone of this wonderful treat. I've never tasted anything else like it. I often wonder why such a big favorite is no longer made. My second favorite was buttered almond.
Back in the day my favorite was called Tin roof,, Vanilla icecream with chocolate fudge , marshmallow creme, and spanish peanuts,,,,Now my favorite is Butter Pecan,, thou try to stay away from ice cream altogether, and eat orange sherbert !
Homemade Vanilla ice cream. We used half and half and rich whipping cream in making homemade ice cream. It was the tastiest and richest ice cream you ever ate.
As a child, Lemon Custard. I only got it a few times traveling, and I thought it was wonderful. Simple pleasures!
Raspberry with chocolate syrup and whipped cream, yummy
I am not sure how far you go back but I love lemon merguine pie. I love ice cream and I have tried all types.
My favorite was, and still is, Cherry Nut. I love Hot Fudge Sundaes made with Cherry Nut ice cream.
Vanilla. Still is today.
Black Walnut was a favorite in our family.
now i'm going way back but there was one called WHITE HOUSE that i really loved. it had everything in it. this was a good 70 years ago.
I have never been a real fan of ice cream but I would usually order Rocky Road as a kid. I still order Rocky Road!
old days how can there be an old days for ice cream, ice cream is always awesome, now then later
chocolate wafer w/ the vanilla ice cream and the fudge icicles or orange push-ups
Banana.
Caramel sky scrapers.
Rocky Road. Loved the nuts, marshmallows and the chocolate ice cream. Yum...
Banana
Strawberry and Pineapple Sherbet
Chocolate, and it still is today!
Burnt almond! It was yummy!
Same as in the new days...chocolate chip.

No comments:

Post a Comment